Increasingly popular due to its smaller flange and comparable strength to the A-Style beam, the S-Style beam features a 4" flange and conforms to the same load requirements as the the A-Style beam. The S-Style beam features a T-Head bolt slot at the base for fastening I-Beams, Stringers, or Strongbacks with a standard self-locking A-Clamp.
- HEIGHT: 6-1/2”
- FLANGE WIDTH: 4”
- STANDARD ALLOY: 6061-T6
- LBS/FT RAW: ~3.319
- LBS/FT W/INSERT: ~4.319
- SHAPE FACTOR: 10
- RED. RATIO: 43.48
- Structural Testing: Complete/P.E. Stamped
- Load Chart: Complete/P.E. Stamped
- YIELD STRESS: 40,000 psi
- ULTIMATE TENSILE STRESS: 45,000 psi
- YOUNG’S MODULUS: 10,000,000 psi
- FACTOR OF SAFETY: 2.2:1
- ALLOWABLE DEFLECTION (INCHES): L (inches) / 360, or up to 0.25” max
- Cut tolerance: +.312/-0
- Insert: Plastic nailer strip
- Fasteners: Carbon Steel
- Origin: Cleveland, OH
- Finish/Type: Mill/NEW
- Lead time: 3-4 weeks if not in stock.
(1) Mechanical and chemical test reports are provided following each run
(2) Structural analyses & load reports available upon request
(3) Pricing includes all insert material cost and fabrication. Plastic inserts are standard.
(4) Aluminum Association standard tolerances apply, unless otherwise noted and accepted by NRS Industries.
(5) Credit terms pending Credit Department approval.
(6) The above weights, pricing and press minimum requirements are based on standardized rates and are subject to change based on international destination and number of trucks/containers needed to fulfill shipment. Shipping weight will be multiplied by each multiple of 48,000 lbs during invoice creation.
- Please note: prices of all products are updated the 1st of each month to reflect shifting aluminum costs.
- Pre-payment required for new customers. Once an established customer, we offer credit limits to qualifying companies as well as 1%/10 net 30. Please contact us if you would like a PDF quote emailed instead of an online order with the trailing 12 month aluminum costs- we are happy to oblige!
- See terms and conditions for full details.
6.5" x 4" S-Style Beam
We are based in Cleveland, OH. Freight can be arranged for you or you can arrange your own freight carrier. For new customers, pre-payment of the first shipment is required. Once an established customer, we offer credit limits to qualifying companies as well as 1%/10 net 30. Please contact us if you would like a quote instead of an online order- we are happy to oblige!